This article shows you how to place a Kennards Hire equipment request for delivery to site. Learn how to place a hire request for collection here.
Tip: If you have a Kennards Hire account number, you can link your account through Telstra Trades Assist so it’s sent with every order. Learn how here. If not, no dramas, place your order and the Kennards Hire team will get in touch.
Requesting Hire Equipment
The first step in placing a hire request is setting your preferred Kennards Hire branch
- From the side menu, click Partners and then select the Kennards Hire tile
- Click Hire Equipment
- Click the drop down next to search to find your local branch. From here you can search via suburb or postcode, as well as by your current location.
Tip: Clicking for the first time will trigger a browser prompt asking you to grant permission to share your location. This message will be different depending on the browser you are using but click Allow, or Always Share Location etc. to proceed.
- Click and enter an item to search for
- Click then select a category, or click next to a category to expand for more options
- Click to display a list of search results
Tip: If you’d like to browse all items available in a specific category, you can leave the [search equipment] box empty, choose a category or sub-category, and click . Note that only the first 50 results in the category can be displayed using this method.
Tip: Placing a hire request can be done two different ways, either collection or delivery. You are able to place an order containing items either wholly for delivery or for collection, not a mixture of both. If you need to have some items delivered but are able to collect others, simply place a separate order once you complete the hire request.
- Click to display the delivery form
- Click or click into the to update the quantity of the item to be ordered
- Click and underneath and and enter the required timeframes
- Click and enter the relevant delivery address
- The fields under , and are all pre-populated based on the information already in Trades Assist for the business owner, however are editable if you need to update them.
- Click once you’ve entered the hire start and end date and time for hire start and end
- Review the details displayed then click
- Click the cart from the bottom of the page
Tip: Click to remove all items from the cart or next to any line item to remove just that item
- Click if you will be returning the equipment yourself
- Confirm the location return details then click
Tip: Currently the return location is set by Kennards Hire based on equipment availability and location. Every effort has been made to ensure this return location is as close to the delivery address as possible.
Tip: Arrange for pickup again by clicking
- Click after confirming all the details are correct
Tip: The Kennards Hire team will contact you to confirm booking details