A work order is any job created within a project for a third party (i.e. contractors or sub-contractors). A requirement for Work Orders is that all third-party individuals/groups exist in Telstra Trades Assist as a Partner.
Tip: Learn how to create a partner within Telstra Trades Assist here.
Similar to a regular project job, work orders require a stage to be created before they can be created, if you haven’t yet done so, learn how to create a project stage here.
Work Orders break away from a standard project when you get to creating and scheduling a Job within a Stage of the project.
- Click from the side menu
- Click the project you wish to generate a work order for.
- Click from the progress bar if not already selected
- Click at the bottom of the stage you want to add a job to. The Job will open to the Details tab by default
- Enter a Job Name, description and due date.
- Select the new contracted partner from the dropdown.
- Continue adding resources and attachments as required under the and tab.
Tip: Learn how to attach resources included within the quote to the work order here.
- Click to move to
- Click to indicate if the split is scheduled hourly or daily
- Click the field under to set a start time or day and the same under for an end date
- Select the drop-down under and choose work order
- Click the field under and enter the job duration, either hours or days.
- Fill in the Generate Work Order form. Most of the information will be pre-populated from the Partner’s tile and the Job. Enter the scope of work as a note and attach any documentation required for/by the partner/contractor
- The Work Order will automatically be sent to the email address entered in the Partner tile. Enter any additional email address in the To, Cc or Bcc fields as required.
- Click to download a PDF preview copy of the Work Order
- Click to cancel the Work Order (this will not cancel the job, only the additional notes and attachments for the Work Order. You can click to recreate the Work Order, and your scope and attachments will still be entered, but you will need to re-enter all email addresses)
- Click to send the Work Order to the Partner
- The Partner will receive an email with the work order (including any other documents or photos you attached earlier) attached to the email.