Preventative Maintenance contracts within Telstra Trades Assist allow you to set in place an agreement for an amount to be invoiced to a customer for any work to be carried out.
This article will show you how to create a new Preventative Maintenance contract, learn how to view and edit an existing PM contract here.
- Click from the Side Menu
- Click in the top right-hand corner
Fill out all fields, as all field are mandatory
- Contract name – this will be the name of the contract
- Click and start typing the customer’s name to attach a customer to the contract
- Select the Contract Type
- Click under First Invoice Date to set a date for the first invoice. Repeat this step for the End Date
- Click and choose the option by which you will be invoicing the customer for this contract.
- Invoice Schedule: is the default option and will invoice the customer the contract amount each invoice date irrespective of the work carried out during the invoice period.
- Actuals Only: will only invoice the customer for any work actually performed as a part of this contract, rather than as a part of a schedule.
- Schedule and Actuals: will invoice as a combination of both, where the customer will be invoiced each month as per the contract but also for any work actually performed.
- Click to select the appropriate tax code for this contract
- Click and enter a number to determine the frequency, then click and use the drop down to set the required cadence for the contract
- Click and set the dollar value for the invoices
- Enter a description to appear on the invoices by clicking
- Click to enter a value of the estimated total cost of the contract
- Click to enter a value of the estimated total revenue of the contract
- Click and the contract is now done.
Tip: create a repeating job once the contract has been created so that any work related to the contract can be carried out. Learn how to create a repeating job here.