A Task is an activity that is non-billable and can be used to schedule appointments such as a staff meeting, collecting parts, or site visits. Creating and scheduling a task will block out time in your or another worker’s calendar so that your team can not only see jobs being worked on but non-billable activities too.
This article shows you how to create a Task and schedule it to a worker’s calendar using the app which we will show on the iPhone. If you are using the iPad, it will look similar.
Creating a Task
Using quick access
- Press and hold the Telstra Trades Assist icon on your iPhone or iPad
- Select New Task then follow from step 3 below
Within the App
- Tap from or
- Tap from the drop-down menu
- Tap to add a title
- Enter a brief description of the Task and the activities required
- Tap if the task applies to a Customer. For example, collecting parts for a specific Customer
- Search to select a Customer or choose from your most recent Customers
- If the Customer has more than one Site, select the Site from the list
- Tap if you need to change/remove the Customer
- Tap when you’re ready to assign the Task to a Worker
Tip: Leave the customer field blank if the task is not related to a Customer! It might be that you need to pick up equipment or supplies before attending a job, but isn’t specific to the job.
- Assign the task to a worker
Tip: assign the Task to another Worker if you have the access to do so
- Schedule the Task by selecting the Date and Duration
- The Calendar will show available time
- Tap to schedule the Task