Once a Job has been scheduled, accepted and started and the work has been completed, the job can be marked as completed on the iPhone or iPad app.
This article shows you how to complete a job using the app which we will show on the iPhone. If you are using the iPad, it will look similar.
Tip: To learn how to accept a Job, click here
To learn how to start a Job, click here
Completing a Job
- Find the Job you have started
- Tap . Alternately, you can tap the Job to view the details, tap for options and select from the menu.
- Confirm or adjust the labour used
- Tap if the labour time used is as quoted.
- If additional or less time was used, adjust the labour by tapping and adjusting the time.
- If the job took more workers than originally expected, tap to add another worker. You will be presented with a list of all labour types you have in your account. For example, Apprentice, Tradesman, Master Tradesman, etc. Tap the appropriate labour type and adjust their hours as above. You can remove the extra labour by tapping
- If you need to change the labour type, eg the job was quoted for a Master Tradesman, but an Apprentice was able to complete the work, add labour by tapping . Add the apprentice and set their hours accordingly. Change the hours of the Master Tradesman to 0 hrs and 0 min. Whilst this will still show the two labour types, the customer will only be billed for the apprentice.
- Confirm or adjust the materials used
- If the materials are as quoted, tap
- If you need to add materials, tap and select the additional materials from your parts list. Then tap
- The Payment Method screen shows the invoice total, compared to the quoted total. The customer will be charged the invoice total which reflects any additional labour or parts used.
- Select payment type and then, tap
- The payment method does not change the process for completing a Job. It is assumed that you have your own method of collecting payment and Telstra Trades Assist will not require additional information. It will not ask for credit card numbers or prompt for Paypal accounts. This simply marks the order so the payment can be collected as required.
- Next, ask the customer to sign (using their finger is fine) to acknowledge completion of the work and tap
- You will be returned to the Jobs. The Job will no longer be listed in this screen.