Syncing between Telstra Trades Assist and Xero is a manual process. Typically you would only need to sync data between the systems if you have added/removed a customer or part, or when processing invoices. You must wait for one sync to complete before you can sync a second time. Typically a sync will complete within 5 minutes.
This article shows you how to sync with Xero and assumes you have already set up the Xero integration. To learn how to set up the Xero Integration, click here
Syncing data between Telstra Trades Assist and Xero
- Click from the Side Menu
- Click to allow Telstra Trades Assist to connect to your Xero account
- Click the drop down to select what data to sync
Tip: If you are performing the sync for the first time, we generally recommend the option.
- Click to start the synchronisation
- The will turn to , and you will see a message indicating that a sync is in process.
- When the sync completes, this message will vanish and the sync button will return to a dark blue. An email will be sent to the account signed into Telstra Trades Assist with the status and any errors in the sync.
Tip: The Sync message in red is the last thing to change, so you may see your changes in the system and/or receive the email a few minutes before the screen refreshes. During the sync, you can click either buttons and continue work within Telstra Trades Assist.
Tip: Each time you wish to sync your data to or from Telstra Trades Assist and Xero, you will follow these steps.