MYOB integration enables you to easily synchronize your customers, parts and invoices between Telstra Trades Assist to MYOB to give you a single point of data entry and help streamline management of core data used in your business.
This article shows you how Telstra Trades Assist connects to MYOB and specifics on how data transfers between the systems.
Connecting your MYOB Account to Telstra Trades Assist
- Click from the Side Menu
- Click the MYOB product you are using, or
- Enter your MYOB login/email and password
- Click to login
- If you are using MYOB AccountRight Live, you will have an additional screen here
- Enter your MYOB AccountRight Company File user details
Tip: The default Company File Username is Administrator, and the default Company File Password is left blank.
- Telstra Trades Assist will connect to the MYOB servers and you will be presented with the sync settings.
Tip: You can sync when you want as the sync is manual. Typically you would only need to sync data between the systems if you have added/removed a customer or part, or when processing invoices. You must wait for one sync to complete before you can sync a second time. Typically a sync will complete within 5 minutes.
Setting up the Sync Settings and Default Values
Telstra Trades Assist has a few options to allow you to customise the sync between the two systems. This gives you better control over which system is the master and can stop certain data from syncing entirely if required. The follow steps will explain what the sync settings do and how to adjust them.
Tip: Logging into MYOB through Telstra Trades Assist, presents you with a long screen of options. Clicking will minimize the corresponding section. You can also click anywhere on the Title bar, and it will minimize that section.
Setting up the sync settings
You will see that both Customers and Materials (Parts) have a Master System switch.
You can select either Trades Assist or MYOB for each. This will determine which system overwrites data on the other system when you complete a sync. If you have all of your customers and parts already in MYOB, you may want to set MYOB up as the Master. However, if you decide that it’s easier to edit customers and parts into Telstra Trades Assist, you may change that to Trades Assist as the Master later.
- Click the drop down under customers to choose which program will be the Master for customers
- Click drop down and choose if Telstra Trades Assist will share new customer data with MYOB, and vice versa
- Click the drop down under Materials to choose which program will be the Master for materials
- Click drop down and choose if Telstra Trades Assist will share new Materials data with MYOB, and vice versa
- Click drop down under invoices heading and choose if Telstra Trades Assist will sync invoices to MYOB
Tip: Telstra Trades Assist will not import Invoices from MYOB, so this option is one direction only, however you can still select to turn sharing off or on for Invoices.
Invoices (For MYOB)
If you are using MYOB, it generates its own invoice numbers, so the Trades Assist Invoice Number will become a Reference number on the MYOB invoice. It will be listed as TTA-INVXXXX, where XXXX is the same number found in Trades Assist. For example, INV0007 will become TTA-INV0007 on the MYOB invoice.
Invoices (For MYOB AccountRight Live)
If you are using MYOB AccountRight Live, The Trades Assist Invoice Number will take the place of the MYOB AccountRight generated Invoice Number, however with a small change. Instead of reading as INVXXXX it will appear as TTAXXXX in MYOB AccountRight Live. For example, INV0007 will become TTA0007 on the MYOB AccountRight Live invoice.
Setting up the default values
- Click drop down to choose which sales account in MYOB will be associated with sales in Telstra Trades Assist
- Click drop down to choose which purchase account in MYOB will be associated with purchases in Telstra Trades Assist
Tip: Sales Tax Type and Purchase Tax Type will be filled automatically according to the tax codes associated with the Sales and Purchase Accounts you chose.
- Click drop down under the Credit Card Payment Account heading to choose which credit card payment account in MYOB will be associated with credit card payments in Telstra Trades Assist
- Click drop down under the Other Payment Account heading to choose which payment account in MYOB will be associated with other payments in Telstra Trades Assist
- Click drop down under the Inventory Asset Account heading to choose which inventory account in MYOB will be associated with inventory in Telstra Trades Assist.
Tip! The field is an optional field specifically for MYOB AccountRight. If you are using MYOB Essentials, you will not see this field.
Tip: Learn how to sync with MYOB here