Your daily Calendar is the first thing you will see when you log into the Telstra Trades Assist mobile app.
Here you will see your Daily work schedule with easy access to all your jobs and tasks so you can manage your work day. You can also switch views to map or agenda to complete your work.
This article shows you how you can use Calendar to view and manage your jobs on the iPhone. If you are using the iPad, it will look similar.
Calendar view on iPhone
When you log into the Telstra Trades Assist App on the iPhone app it opens to your daily Calendar. If no jobs have been scheduled to you a ‘Nothing scheduled yet’ message will be displayed. Otherwise, any Jobs or tasks scheduled to you will be displayed for the current day.
- To access other days of the week, swipe the dates along the top of the Calendar to the left or right, then tap on a date to see that day’s schedule.
- Alternatively, tap the month in the top left corner to open a monthly calendar and scroll to select the day.
- When scrolling, tapping at the bottom of the Calendar will take you back to the current date.
The Calendar days appear with a blue circle which gives you a quick view of your scheduled time.
- Your available hours for each day are listed under that date. In the example above, you have 2hrs available for scheduled work on Thursday 29th
Accessing Jobs in Calendar view
Scheduled Jobs appear as Job cards in your Calendar and will show the Job Number, Job Description and the status of the job
- Tap on the Job Card in the Calendar to open the Job Detail.
- Scroll up and down to see the customer and job details, labour and materials and any notes attached to the job.
- Cancel out of this screen to return back to your Calendar.
- Tap on of the Job Card to action this card. This will bring up a Job menu with actions depending on the status of the Job.
In the example below, the Job has been scheduled but the worker now needs to accept or decline the Job.
If you the job it will change the job status from scheduled to assigned. If you decline the job it will leave your calendar and your Admin will be notified.
- Within Calendar view you can tap on the on the Job card to access the job menu. The menu presented will depend on the job status and your mobile app permissions.
In this example the Job is ready to start . When you tap on a job the status will change to In Progress.
Select on the Job card and the action will now be to complete the Job.
- When is selected the worker will start the complete process, which confirms the labour and materials used on the Job and captures the customer signature.
- When the job is complete is removed from your Calendar and will appear in your completed Jobs in the Job Tab.
Viewing other workers’ Calendars
If you have permission to view other workers calendars you can select a worker in Calendar to see their daily schedule.
- In Calendar, tap above the calendar which by default will display your name.
- Select the worker from the list to display their calendar
Map View in Calendar
Access the Map view to show your daily travel journey. In map view you can also access your Jobs using the map pins.
- In Calendar, tap icon in the top right of the screen to display your jobs and travel route for that day.
- Use the Calendar dates to move between days
- Each job has a map pin with a number to show the order that jobs have been scheduled.
- Map Pins will change to show the status of the Job.
- Tap the map pin to see a short summary of the job.
- Tap this summary to get an expanded view of job and customer details
- Cancel to return to Map view.
- Touching the map with two fingers allows you to rotate the map, zoom in and out, and tilt the perspective.
To view a list of your scheduled Jobs, tap on the Agenda View icon in the top right corner.
Agenda view lists your scheduled jobs from the current day looking forward over the next 30 days.
- Tap Agenda view for a list of scheduled jobs by day.
- Tap the appointment to show the Job Details.
- Cancel to return to the Agenda view.
Create a New Job
- To make a new job tap in the top right of the Calendar. It will then give you an option to create a new job/quote which behaves the same as when done in the Jobs section of the app.
Tip: To learn how to create a new job/quote, click here