Your daily Calendar is the first thing you will see when logged into Telstra Trades Assist on your iPad. In Calendar, you will see your daily scheduled appointments and travel journey to manage your work.
In this article, we will demonstrate how to use Calendar in iPad to manage your scheduled Jobs and Tasks.
Calendar view on iPad
When you log into the Telstra Trades Assist App on the iPad app it opens to your daily Calendar on the left and a map of your jobs and travel journey for the day.
If no jobs have been scheduled to you a ‘Nothing scheduled yet’ message will be displayed. Otherwise any Jobs or tasks scheduled to you will be displayed as appointments in your calendar and as map pins on the map.
- Calendar will always open to the current day, to select another day swipe the dates along the top left of the Calendar left or right, then tap on a date to see that day’s schedule.
- Alternatively tap the month in the top left corner to open a monthly calendar and scroll to select the day.
- When scrolling, tapping at the bottom of the Calendar will take you back to the current date.
Calendar days will have a blue circle to give you a quick view of your scheduled time on that day.
- Your available hours for each day are listed under the date. In the example above, you have 2hrs available in your calendar for appointments on Thursday 29th
Accessing a Job in Calendar
Scheduled Jobs appear as appointments in your Calendar and will show the Job Number, Job Description and the Status of the Job.
The size of the appointment is determined by the duration scheduled and includes travel time from your home address. Home address refers to the address saved in your Telstra Trades Assist worker profile. This could be the address of your business or your home.
Tip: Contact your Admin to change your address for calculating journey time.
Tap on the Appointment in your Calendar to open the Job.
This will open the Job detail to right of the calendar.
Within the Job detail, you can scroll up and down to see the customer, job description, labour and materials assigned to the job as well as any notes about the job.
To action the Job, select the tap on to select the menu. This will bring up a Job menu with actions depending on the status of the Job.
In the example above, the Job has been scheduled and is waiting for the worker to accept or reject the job.
Action a Job appointment
If you don’t need see the Job detail but want to action the Job, e.g accept, start or complete
Tap on on the calendar appointment to bring up the Job menu for the job. The options presented will depend on the status of the Job.
In the example below, the Job has been scheduled but the worker now needs to accept or decline the Job.
If you the job it will change the job status from scheduled to assigned. If you decline the job it will leave your calendar and your Admin will be notified.
In this example the Job is ready to start. When you tap on a job the status will change to In Progress.
Select on the Job card and the action will now be to complete the Job.
- When is selected the worker will start the complete process, which confirms the labour and materials used on the Job and captures the customer signature.
- When the job is complete it is removed from your Calendar and moved to your completed Jobs in the Jobs tab.
Access other workers’ Calendars
If you have permission to view other workers calendars you can change the worker your calendar to see their daily schedule.
- In Calendar, tap above the calendar which by default will display your name.
- Select the worker from the list to display their calendar
Map View on iPad
The map view shows all your scheduled jobs for the day and the recommended travel journey.
- Each Job has a map pin which is numbered to show the order of your jobs.
- Tap the map pin to see the details of a job.
- Map pins will change based on the status of the Job.
indicates that the job has been started.
when a job is selected it will turn from black to white
Your current location is marked by a blue dot on the map
- Touching the map with two fingers allows you to rotate the map, zoom in and out, and tilt the perspective.
To view a list of your scheduled Jobs, tap on the Agenda View icon in the top right corner of the Calendar. Agenda view lists your scheduled jobs from the current day looking forward over the next 30 days.
- Tap Agenda view for a list of scheduled jobs for the next 30 days
- Tap the appointment to show the Job Details.
- Tap again to switch back to Calendar view.