When a new job/quote has been approved it's ready to be scheduled to a worker.
An approved job means the quote has been accepted by the customer or approved by your admin.
This article covers how to schedule a job using the admin console.
Tip: Learn how to schedule a job using the mobile app here
You can watch a video on scheduling jobs in the Admin Console here or follow the steps below.
Schedule a job using Planner
Jobs can be found in both the Jobs and Planner tabs from the side menu.
Viewing the Jobs tab shows a comprehensive list of existing jobs, along with their location on a map. Viewing through the Planner will show the currently scheduled jobs and jobs that require scheduling, alongside your workers’ calendars.
Viewing a job in Planner
- Click from the Side Menu
- By default, you will see the unscheduled jobs
- Click to change the view to see scheduled jobs, jobs requiring attention or all jobs
- To view more options for a job click against the job where an action is required
- From the top of the screen Change the date by clicking to go back a day or to go forward a day.
- From the top of the screen move through your workers by clicking on to move to the next workers, or to move back workers.
Tip: Changing the zoom on your web browser may show more or less workers on each page. 100% zoom typically shows 3 workers, whilst lowering the zoom to 80% shows 5 workers.
Tip: Viewing Availability hours are based on the data within the worker’s account. Jobs can be scheduled outside of a worker’s documented hours of availability. White within the worker’s schedule shows they are available and grey shows they are not available.
Learn how to add or edit a workers availability here
Scheduling a Job to a Worker
- Locate the job you wish to schedule, left click and hold to select and drag the job to the schedule of the relevant worker at the time the job needs to be performed.
Once you drop the job onto a workers timeline it will now be scheduled and no longer be seen on the side panel with the other unscheduled jobs. If you look at the job on the workers' timeline, you will see the word ‘Scheduled’ in the bottom right corner.
Tip: Left click the job and drag to a new time slot If you need to change the scheduled time of a job.
Rescheduling a job to a new worker.
If you have scheduled a job to a worker and want to reschedule it to another worker you can do this in a few different ways.
- Click and drag the drop from one workers schedule to another.
Tip: Click then select the two relevant workers If both workers aren’t visible on the same screen.
- You can also unschedule the job by left clicking on the job to reveal extra options.
- Click to move the job to the unscheduled section of the planner.
- Drag the job to the desired time frame and worker.